Need a refreshing meal during hot weather?
Try this cold soup (gazpacho) !
Mix the following ingredients in a blender until smooth:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic or pepper to taste
- 5-7 dates, pitted (raisins work just as well)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Now you have the gazpacho liquid.
- Cut vegetables into cubes 1/4 inch following:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 small onion (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley.